Volcosis Post Release

As of today, Volcosis has been out for 1 week.  It seems like much much longer than that.  I thought I'd post and let everybody what I've been doing and some of the responses I've received.

Volcosis was featured on Indiegames.com:
http://indiegames.com/2013/07/freeware_pick_volcosis_a_new_p.html#more
Where the write Paul Hack ( https://twitter.com/indiegamehunt )
Said: "I'm kicking myself for having missed it before" and "I hope it becomes the sleeper freeware hit it deserves to be."

Volcosis is currently at a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Gamejolt.com
http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/volcosis/8826/

Volcosis has also received some positive feedback from the Game Maker Community (GMC)
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=588662
User "chance" said: "Wow! This is really innovative. I suppose there's been 2D/3D platformers before, but I've never tried any of them. So this is a completely new experience. And it's very cool."
and "But for now, this is a great game. It's very complete with a good intro, instructions, different modes, etc. Definitely worth trying."

User "slayer 64" said: "it's not every day i play a decent game maker game, let alone a 3d platformer. you used the game mechanic really well"

User "ExK" said: "nice. didn't expect GM can be used to do something like this. wonderful :D ..."
 And on the YOYO Games sandbox, "jo-thij"said: "This game is awesome! 5/5 right away!
cool gameplay idea, nice story, good level design, though sometimes a bit too hard, but being able to skip a level makes up for it, cool characters, ...
mayby a bit more music would have made it even better."
So all in all Volcosis has been nicely received.  The Youtube trailer has reached nearly 1,500 views, the GameJolt page has reached nearly 1,600 views and over 650 plays.

I've still got some stuff to do before I can fully let go of Volcosis.
1st: I'm planning on shipping out "press kits" to several youtubers.  I've still got a lot of work to do on those.
2nd: Ive submitted the game to IndieDB.com and I'm waiting on it to be authorized.
3rd: I've just submitted the game to Indiegamemag.com's forums.  Hopefully I can get some more favorable responses.

I need to thank God for giving me the gifts that I have in order to make Volcosis.
TGBTG,
Josiah Jones,
Angelwire Studio

Comments

  1. I really like your game so far. Congrats on a job well done, especially for such a young game developer. I posted a link to it on facebook earlier...

    "Nice innovative 2D/3D switching in a way I haven't quiet seen before. It makes you switch right in the middle of the action, ie, during a jump, or an instant before you're about to collide with an enemy. Just really well done. I haven't played that much of it yet, so I don't know how long it stays good for, but what I've played so far is excellent.

    It's also quite simple, but in a good way."


    Thanks a lot for the free game!


    Joe Crawford
    http://www.teaching3d.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment